5.25.2007

Spinach & Corn Salad

1/4 cup lime juice (fresh)
1 Tbsp. honey
1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups frozen whole kernel corn thawed, or 6 ears of fresh corn
1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
3/4 cup seeded, chopped cucumber

In a large bowl whish together lime juice and honey until well combined. Stir in jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and salt. Add corn or carefully cut corn kernels off cobs. Add to lime juice mixture. Stir in spinach, tomato, and cucumber. Serve immediately.
Makes 9 - 2/3 cup servings.

Review - I made this for a BBQ, it is a refreshing side salad, that has quite the kick to it! I used picked jalapeno peppers, since I didn't have a fresh one, and I think I would use less next time. Let the frozen corn sit out for a couple minutes so it's not crunchy. A nice summer salad.

No comments:

Blog Visitors