1.10.2008

Spaghetti Bake - It's Ta Die For!


12 oz. spaghetti - broken in half and cooked al dente
8 oz. mozzarella mixed with 8 oz. colby jack cheese (or more if you're a cheesaholic)
1.5 lbs. ground beef, cooked with 1 c. chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic finely chopped, and 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms, then add:
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. salt (or more)
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil leaves
Let sauce and meat simmer on low for 20-25 minutes.

Layer noodles, cheese, then sauce two times in a 9x13 pan. Top with 1/2 c. shredded parmesan. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.


2 comments:

Becky said...

I improvised the sauce (well, I opened a jar), but it was still great! We had a guest for dinner who is close to getting engaged, and he said he hopes his wife can cook well like me (when he's married). I also made the breadtwists. Such a good meal!

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I'm definately going to try this - it sounds yummy.

Blog Visitors