2.05.2008

The Cure to Sweet Potato-itis

I usually hate sweet potatoes, but my awesome cook sister-in-law, Bryndy, has an awesome solution to sweetpotatoitis.

1 large sweet potato - cut into thin strips
Place strips in bowl, add 1/8 c. olive oil.
Add:
1/2 tsp. season salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
sprinkle or two of all purpose, salt free seasoning
Mix well. Place strips on large greased cookie sheet.
Chop 1/4 of an onion into long strips and place on top of sweet potatoes.

Bake at 475F for 30-40 minutes, or until crispy. Turn once or twice during baking.

3 comments:

Allison said...

uwaaaahh, this is almost exactly how I eat my sweet potatoes! I've never done it with onion though - I'll have to try that soon. Sweet potatoes are a staple in my non-dessert food diet! Thanks! =)

kristenita said...

these are delicious!
thanks for sharing. these will become a staple "side dish" at my house! mine didn't come out very crispy, but they were tasty. the second time I made them I used 3 large shallots instead of onion.

Karlene said...

Loved these!!! Made them with the pork chops as well. Mine didn't come out very crispy either. I think I needed to make the potato strips larger. Definitely will make again though...they were a hit with my daughter.

Blog Visitors