3.10.2008

Chicken Pillows

For those of you who weren't such big fans of the previous posted Indian cuisine, let me indulge you with this nice American dish!

2 oz plain cream cheese
4 oz cream cheese (garden vegetable or chive, your choice)
1/4 c soft butter or margarine
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix above ingredients, then add:
2 c. cubed cooked chicken
1/4 c. fresh, chopped mushrooms

2 pkg crescent rolls, refrigerator, uncooked type
1/4 c. plain bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. salt-free seasoning

Roll out crescent rolls - Taking 2 triangles and making 1 rectangle. Put 1/4 c chicken mixture on each crescent roll. Fold and seal. Brush top with melted butter, sprinkle with bread crumbs, garlic salt and seasoning. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Gravy:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c water (or more, depending on the consistency you like)
1/4 c. fresh, chopped mushrooms

Pour gravy on top of pillows, and serve with side salad, boiled carrots and fresh fruit.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

My fave!

Stephens said...

My mom always made a similar recipe and I loved it. But I went to make it the other day and Ryan turned his nose up at it. He'll eat Indian food, but not this? Come on!

Kameron said...

I love these! My mom used to make these all the time when I was a kid, and now I make them for my kids, but I've never seen them with the gravy... Hmmm... we like gravy! Ü Oh - and cool blog! I found you through pickypalate. I plan on visiting often.

Blog Visitors