3.04.2008

Master Meatloaf

I've never been able to sink my teeth into meatloaf until tonight! Something about the title alone just made me quiver. But...this one was pretty darn tasty, if I do say so myself.

1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1.5 pound lean, ground beef
1 c. oats (quick or regular)
1/2 c. plain bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 TBS. dried parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 finely chopped onion

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix above ingredients well. I like to blend mine together with a fork.
Place meat in 2 loaf pans. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and baste with:
Savory Topping (mix all below ingredients until smooth)
6 TBS. brown sugar
1/2 c. catsup
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. prepared mustard

Place pans back in oven for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Visitors